Funding Application Tools
The NWT Arts Council's funding categories are described in the following guidelines. You must read the guidelines to determine which category works best for your application. Please note that all incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Updated funding guidelines / Lignes directrices pour les demandes de subvention [ PDF ]
Provided below is the general application form for each of the funding categories supported by the NWT Arts Council (updated for 2016).
- Application Form [ Fillable PDF ]
Please download the form and rename it before entering your data using Acrobat Reader.
Applicants are encouraged to use the online form that also facilitates the upload of sample works.
The budget must be uploaded during the application process. Download the template here to begin preparing it for your application. Please rename the file to include your name prior to upload.
You can use your own cloud service (Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, etc.) if you need to share large media files ( > 8 MB).
- Audio recording proposal sample [ PDF ]
- Film and media proposal sample [ PDF ]
- Mentorship proposal sample [ PDF ]
- Multidisciplinary proposal sample [ PDF ]
- Performing arts proposal sample [ PDF ]
- Visual arts proposal sample [ PDF ]
- Writing proposal sample [ PDF ]
- Application tips [ PDF ]
Recording Industry Guide
The NWT Arts Council has put together a useful guide to organizations, agencies and government departments currently supporting sound recording and dissemination in Canada.
- Canadian Recording Industry Supports [ PDF ]
Provided below are a couple of handy glossaries of commonly used terms and acronyms in the Arts.